Nordic

Risk of Rain 2 release postponed

Risk of Rain 2 release postponed

The updated roadmap states the full launch will be in August 2020 instead of spring.

The full release of Risk of Rain 2 was going to be in spring this year, according to a development roadmap. However, the developer Hopoo Games unfortunately revealed today that the launch will not be on time.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

The studio took to the Steam news hub to make the announcement.

“As we all know, the next update is 1.0, the last update until we leave Early Access. Earlier this month, I ran a quick tweet to get some feedback on what RoR2 1.0 may look like to you. From that tweet, we not only learned that there’s quite a few areas of improvement we could work on, but also that you guys are passionate about what RoR2 1.0 could be – with many fantastic suggestions and ideas of things that weren’t in the original roadmap.”

“What we wanted to make sure was that RoR2 1.0 was truly a complete game experience, and that means not only completing and fleshing out content, but improving and iterating on old features and content that’s been left behind. In order to meet goals of what a 1.0 version of RoR2 can be, we want to let everyone know we will be releasing 1.0 in August 2020.

Hopoo Games Team

They also added that the causes for the timing changes were not related to COVID-19.

The updated roadmap states the full launch of Risk of Rain 2 will be in August this year.

For the latest news and updates, follow Leadergamer on Facebook, Twitter and Google News.

Comments